Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Movies of 2008 (That I've Seen)


In the order of how I felt about them; the movies of 2008...


Wall-E (a complete contradiction of message and product; still awesome)
In Bruges (poetic violence with a sharp wit)
Role Models
Vicky Christina Barcelona (even for the non-Woody's)
Gran Torino (snubbed by captain oscar)
Hellboy 2
Encounters at the End of the World (Werner Herzog's Antarctic epic)
Burn After Reading (Coen is a four letter word for awesome)
The Dark Knight
Taken (for those of us who love it when the bad guys get what's coming to em)
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
City of Ember
Ghost Town (crazy surprised by how funny it was)
Kung Fu Panda
Rambo
RocknRolla (Guy Richie's back, finally)
Son of Rambow
Choke
The Wrestler
The Bank Job
Semi-Pro
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
The Incredible Hulk
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Tropic Thunder
Iron Man
Traitor
An American Carol
Hamlet 2
Run, Fat Boy, Run
Sex Drive
Quantum of Solace (no story, pretty sure, I looked)
Doubt
Zack and Miri
Horton Hears a Who
The Happening (surprised there could be 4 films I liked less)
Max Payne
Charlie Bartlett
Pineapple Express (I've had enough Seth Rogan)
10,000 BC (couldn't even finish it on an airplane)

Not without mistakes and unintentional omissions. I'll update it perhaps. Stole the idea from my friend Caleb. Go read his list too. Do it now.

There are a litany of films I didn't get to. For shame. Let's go eat some spinach dip.

1 comment:

Caleb A said...

You seem to better at filtering away from shit than than I am.

Gotta be honest though, I'm really surprised with how high American Carol is (which is still quite low). Granted, I know you lean right, but the trailers looked unbelievably unfunny.