Wednesday, January 21, 2009

a realization


My job is going to kill me. If not me, then at least my soul. I thought I might be able to do it. I thought I could work there and pursue my passions outside of my profession. Odd how a 4 hour meeting can be so eye opening. Let's review what I learned in that 9th floor conference room this afternoon.

1. smiling is good
2. selling crap to suckers is VERY good
3. it will take a long, long time for you to get anywhere in the company
4. our prices suck so you better be extra awesome
5. it can take up to 30 minutes for someone to connect a laptop to a projector; provided that that individual is a sales manager and/or a complete simpleton
6. though the powerpoint says there will be lunch, there will be no lunch

I was really looking forward to that lunch. I guess I should thank them for being stingy, my loathing seems more legitimate.

2 comments:

Caleb A said...

Hahaha

So what are you supposed to be doing?

dan said...

not sure yet